01/09/2022 - 31/12/2022
Brabant Wallon, BelgiumSign in to apply
Global Sourcing & Procurement becomes the centre of expertise for dealing with suppliers for addressable spend. Its activities range from strategic sourcing, category management, overall supplier risk management, setting procurement policies, performing rfi/rpf, contract drafting and negotiation, hand-over to the contract managers in the businesses for the day-to-day follow up.
Global Sourcing & Procurementhas a central component resorting under the D’Ieteren AutomotiveCFO, and a network of Business Procurement Representatives.
The basic organisational principles are ‘subsidiarity’: performing sourcing and procurement activities at the right place of the organisation, and ‘homogeneity’: we show one face to the supplier world.
The Buyer serves as a procurement business partner. He works under recommendation of the Category Manager’s strategic plans.
Capturing requirements, identifying opportunities, intensive co-operation with the internal customers and Procurement colleagues delivering value, in an efficient manner and fully compliant with D’Ieteren Procurement Policy is of utmost importance.
In general, the Buyer role characteristic is straightforward competitive bidding of projects. Processes can be very complex, as specification are not always that clear and business pressure might urge for vigorous, but always compliant, actions. Main goal for this role is contracting best value, whilst serving the business needs and delivering a compliant procurement dossier.
- Procure local Projects
- Manage the Sourcing, Contracting and Procurement of assigned projects.
- Implement sourcing via competitive bidding as much as possible
- Responsible for value creation.
- Ensure compliance to regional legislation (i.e. Reach), global standards, requirements, policies and procedures
- Execute Vendor Qualification.
- Execute project supplier management: achieve high supplier performance, ensure delivery at most profitable conditions in the current market and stimulate continuous improvement.
- Supplier evaluation.
- Manage complaint handling / claims.
- On incidental basis provide operational support and solve critical procurement problems (second line trouble shooting)
- Connect with Corporate functions like Legal, IT and HR
- Share knowledge of procurement processes and policies with the internal organization. (stakeholders)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
- Category Managers
- Project managers
- Business lines
- Marketing, HR, Finance and other support functions
- Head of sourcing & Procurement
- Legal central and Legal Procurement
- Finance and Account Payable
Skills & Capabilities:
The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and competencies:
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the internal or external customer’s perspective is a driving force behind priorities, business decisions, and individual activities.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analysing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Driving for Results: Setting high goals for personal and company accomplishment; using existing measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Driving Innovation: Creating an environment (culture) that inspires people to generate novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external).
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials: Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and others’ emotions and behavior; leveraging insights to effectively manage own responses so that one’s behavior matches one’s values and delivers intended results.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- At least Bachelor degree (or equivalent through experience) in a related field.
- Tactical purchasing experience and preferably procurement specific education
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Familiarity with the Automotive sector and the dealership model.
- Capability of professional time management, communicate on progress and escalate if needed.
- Proven negotiation and analytical skills.
- Customer focus.
- Team player.
- Flexible in picking up extra works and taking the extra step if needed.
- Steady & robust personality, able to work successful in a technical environment with project managers and other stakeholders.
- Proven execution and delivering results capabilities.
- Proven communication & interpersonal competences resulting in best team results.
- Language: Dutch with good knowledge of French & English
- Required: No
- Limited to BE on different sites
Length of the mission:
- 4 months with possibility of extension