Cobol developer AS/400
NN Insurance Belgium nv
07/03/2023 - 07/05/2026
BelgiumSign in to apply
Unfortunately, we have noticed that there are still candidates proposed who do not match the requested profile. We therefore again urge you to present only candidates who match the job description. If the above question is not respected, NN and/or ProUnity reserve the right to disqualify.
Any questions regarding this application should be addressed to ProUnity.
NN is a life insurer with great ambitions in Belgium. We protect what is most dear to our customers: their families. We see this as a very personal matter, and we want to make a difference.
With 1.4 million unique customers, 600 happy employees and an annual turnover of EUR 1 billion, we are part of a strong international group.
Develop, maintain and run jobs on the mainframe to support crucial business processes during the replatforming project and beyond. Learn different software environments to support the lifecycle of the solutions on the new platform.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
As a Mainframe developer, you are responsible for the running and maintaining of business crucial processes of NN. A replatforming project is started and the mainframe solutions will be ported to Java in the next year. In a plus you can support your colleagues in acquiring Java experience. Together with the team you will decide every 2 weeks what tickets you can take up. You will be in contact with the Business and supported by your colleagues to fulfil them, but you work mainly autonomic. Automation of manual processes is highly encouraged. You will work on different applications but an onboarding is foreseen to learn them one by one.
Executes following tasks
- Run and maintain processes on the mainframe programs
- Communicate clearly to business on the status of the execution
- Develop atomisation for manual tasks
- Develop improvements on the programs based on the requirements of business
- Test the flows, and ensure the required performance
- Ensure best practices are used
- Experience with
- Cobol is a must
- Mainframe is a must
- A mainframe editor, file transfer and scheduler is a must.
- Java is a plus
- Development tools like TSO, ISPF, NDVR, JCL , OPC MFT CICS, IDMS is considered a plus
- Learns fast and is willing to learn different technologies.
- Is willing to stay for longer term
Ready to work as a team player in an Agile scrum team located next to the Brussels South train station on a full time basis.