22/08/2022 - 31/01/2023
BelgiumSign in to apply
The FPS Justice is undergoing a digital transformation aimed at implementing a new case management system in combination with other projects that have interdependencies.
Because of this, it is crucial that the Justice Department can play a decisive role in defining its (own) information and data model, which will have to be positioned as the underlying layer of the new court file management system to be built and which, in addition, will enable all integrations with the overall Justice IT landscape and third parties.
In this way, we will structurally and consistently improve our justice data with a view to increasing trust in data. This makes our organisation more self-managing and enables us to respond more quickly to internal and external changes and/or questions.
The definition of this data model that considers our own needs to support the work processes, but which is also based on international standards and reference data.
In addition, the mapping of the new central data model onto the data structures within the current and to be migrated applications is also a particularly important aspect of this mission.
For this mission, the FPS Justice is looking for a data expert with the following knowledge and experience:
– Academic degree (Master/postgraduate) in Data Analytics
– Proven experience in similar projects aimed at facilitating international data exchanges between government agencies using harmonised data standards
– Knowledge of and experience with conceptual data architecture
– Knowledge of and experience with methodology Data Excellence & Data Management
– Knowledge of and experience with (business) system integration from a data management perspective
– Knowledge of and experience with project methodology and the ability to work in projects
– Knowledge of and experience with types of reference data + accompanying (international) standards and policies are a must
– Knowledge of and experience with data protection / GDPR is an advantage
As a Data Expert, you also possess the following experience and/or qualities:
– Solid communication skills with both business- and IT-side actors in a bilingual environment
– Relevant, demonstrable experience (+5 years) within the public sector whereby a clear affinity with the domain and functioning of the Belgian Justice is a plus.
– Working experience with tools such as Microsoft O365, Jira & Confluence and Aris as means of collaboration within the digital transformation programme.
– Designing and detailing a new central data model for Justice (Judiciary) by translating the required "entities" into categorized case types within a "proceeding".
– Supporting the analyses in preparation of the data migrations from the legacy applications to the new court file management system built on the basis of the central data model.