Functional Architect Solvency II Target Operating Model
1. CONTEXT OF MISSION
The candidate will work within the IT organisation, in the IS Asset, Finance & Risk Management team (IS AFR), which is responsible for building and maintaining all IT applications for the CIO, CRO and CFO functions within AG Insurance and Ageas. He will report directly to the IS AFR Team Manager.
2. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Self-starter with a considerable degree of autonomy
- Quick learner
- Result oriented
- Open and analytical mind
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills to clearly express and communicate concepts, designs and proposals
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all technical and nontechnical members of the organisation
- Good knowledge of CRO domain
- 5 to 10 year experience in IT Requirements gathering and Functional Architecture
- Good knowledge of applications and process modelling
- Excellent MS Office skills
- OpenText ProVision
- Deep knowledge and experience of architecture : Service Oriented Architecture, design patterns, architecture methodologies
3. OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
In his main role as Functional Architect for the Solvency II Target Operating Model (TOM), he will also report to the Ageas SII TOM Programme Manager.
While all of Ageas’ operating companies are currently Solvency II compliant, the goal of the SII TOM Programme is to create:
- Fast, transparent reporting processes (solo and group) with clear roles & responsibilities
- Internal- and external reporting based on robust processes
- Consistency in methodology & calculations
- Consistency of asset and liability information across Finance & Risk
- Ability to perform ad hoc analyses, sensitivity analyses and stress testing at group level without asking Opco’s for additional data or calculations – at least to limit these requirements
The candidate will
- Evaluate the current process architecture
- Gather requirements
- Translate business process architecture & requirements into a detailed application architecture
- Describe interfaces between applications
- Propose tooling for interfacing
- Conduct proof of concepts
- Determine performance requirements and design appropriate architecture
The candidate will cooperate with Ageas business users, IT architects and analysts.
He will deal on a daily basis with senior management, peers and junior staff, both internally and externally, with business and IT backgrounds.
Proven experience with requirements gathering, data, functional and solution architecture in an IT environment is a must. Knowledge of (Financial) Risk Management is required.
4. MISSION STATEMENT
Update of the as-is architecture
- You complete and maintain the architecture schemas in based on interviews with all stakeholders
Architecture & Application Lifecycle Management
- You maintain a high-level vision of our functional and application architecture o You define current and target state application architecture aligned with requirements of the various business and technology initiatives, ensuring the necessary coherence in applications architecture.
- You improve and maintain the processes, the tools used to realize our functional architecture analysis.
Requirements & Solution definition
- On some projects, you are responsible for gathering & consolidating the business requirements: this includes not only documenting & analysing, but also negotiating, prioritizing, alternatives proposals, definition & organization of the approach for collecting & consolidating the requirements to lead to a consistent & reliable solution.
- You have the ability to analyse, define, design and propose solutions to business problems at the highest level of complexity or in areas calling for significantly innovative approaches.
- The solutions you propose take into account not only the business requirements, but also the application development standards & the operational constraints & risks.
Analysis & Design
- During development of the target architecture, you compare application options according to function, technology and cost, make a recommendation and develop potential migration paths to the target state model
- You understand the functional and technical architecture
- You realize the functional architecture analysis and estimate the implementation cost for requirements
- You hand over the functional architecture analysis to the functional and technical analysts and deliver further support if necessary
- You integrate the relevant stakeholders (business / domain experts / …) in the analysis & design process to ensure knowledge transfer & coaching.
Client relationship / Stakeholder management
- You assist the team manager and project leaders in the customer’s relation.
- You establish and maintain working relationships with technology management, business management, program sponsors, key business clients, and infrastructure management.
These objectives are meant to clarify what is typically expected from an IT Architect, they are not limitative or exhaustive.
5.REPORTING AND DELIVERABLES
- … reliable & flexible solutions in Production …
- Directly responsible (after typically 4 to 6 weeks knowledge transfer & start-up activities)
- Design of blueprints & first estimations as planned in the project milestone planning
- Business & IT Presentations to support/facilitate the discussions
- Presentations in the architecture community
- Workshop organization & preparation
- Requirements description (GUR, DUR)
- All Architecture outputs described in the Process Assets Library (PAL) as
- Project Start Architecture
- Functional Architecture Outputs (FAO)
- Work Breakdown Structure/ Estimations
- Business Services
- HLR in collaboration with the Project Leader