IT Frameworks .NET Developer (backend)
1. CONTEXT OF MISSION
The IT Frameworks & Middleware Service, that provides support to IT Development Teams, is searching an external resource to reinforce the team. She/He will contribute, with the team, to the design and the implementation of technical development frameworks and reusable services.
2. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent Communication
- Team Player
- Technical writer (in English) for the team's software developments
- Experience as .NET framework developer/engineer in large enterprise environment
- Experience in configuring a secured but flexible workstation environment for developers
- Excellent troubleshoot and bug fixing skills
- Microsoft .Net (C#).
- Experience with Team Foundation Server use and setup (also Build Templates)
- Experience with Azure Services (VSTS)
- IIS troubleshooting
- .Net WCF / SOAP WebServices and ASP.Net REST WebServices
- Experience with release & build management processes
- Web Sites (IIS) & Web Services design
- Use of PaaS in application development (Azure)
- Release management tooling
3. OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
- The job concerns the delivery (and support) of framework services for the AG Insurance business software development teams (IS) within the Development Frameworks engineering team.
- The framework services consist of:
- Automation of release & build management processes
- Setup & configuration of development environment
- Development of API’s for developers
- Development support to senior developers
- Providing up-to-date documentation is an essential part of the service delivery.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills are also vital to provide accurate bug-fixing or support to other development teams. Especially because the job does not necessarily deliver a 'ready to use' product but only a small part to realize an end-user solution.
- Challenges in 2017: migration of development workstations to Windows 10, enabling “mode 2” possibilities such as scrum, Agile, … Upgrade to VisualStudio 2017 & TFS 2017 (or VSTS)