Mission description: IT TESTER
Elia is looking for a “IT Tester” for various applications in the fields of Settlement and Contract.
Writing test plans and test scenarios
The mission consists in writing a test plan and test scenarios based on existing documentation and existing functionalities for the above mentioned applications.
All the documents are written in English and must be accessible by any European reader having a basic knowledge of English.
Preparing test data
In some cases test data must be created before executing the test scenarios.
Executing the test scenarios
An important part of the mission is to execute the test plan / test scenarios (with the help of other testers) and to track the bugs before the deployment of the applications.
This must be done with efficiency in mind and within the planning of the team.
Follow up of defects
Enter and follow the defects in our bug-tracking tools. Update and maintain the test documents with the results of the tests.
Achieving a high quality level in collaboration with the developers and the project leader will be the main goal.
- Have a proven experience of test plan / test scenario writing.
- Have a good knowledge of English (writing and speaking)
- Dutch and/or French is a plus
- Be able to work both autonomous and in a team.
- Have a critical mind and dare to challenge.
- Easily learn new technical matters with its own jargon
- Be able to understand simple technical IT concepts like: Service and Client application, Web Service, Protocol, etc.
- Have knowledge of databases and SQL Queries.
- Have experience in test automation by using GUI test tools which include a scripting language
- Have at least 1 year experience
- Knowledge of UML is a plus
- Experience with Jira ticketing system and TFS tickets is a plus
- Be willing to give a commitment to Elia for a longer period
- The mission is in “Time and material”.
- The work has to be performed in ELIA offices (Brussels).
- Contract on a one year basis, renewable.