SQL Server Developer
1. CONTEXT OF MISSION
AG Insurance is actively searching a SQL Server developer to join its Data Warehouse team. The IS DWH team is providing solutions in the area of data warehousing and BI reporting and analytics solutions
2. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Must be a self-starter, work well independently, and in a collaborative team environment
- Solution driven / Pragmatic
- Pro-active and flexible
- Good verbal / written communication skills
- Experience as ETL developer on SQL server platform
- Experience as a SQL server database developer (tables, views, triggers, unions, joins, complex queries, stored procedures)
- Experience as BI developer on SQL Server based technologie
- Experience as BI analyst on SQL Server based technologies
- Experience on projects with different technology stacks, integration aspects (with packages or external solutions) & infrastructure aspects
- Experience as technical designer on SQL Server solutions projects (BI and/or operational DB applications)
- Experience in dashboard & scorecard (with SQL server)
- Experience on .NET applications development
- Experience within Insurance or financial or risk domain
- Good knowledge and hands on experience in SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014 (tables, views, triggers, unions, joins, complex queries, T-SQL & stored procedure programming.
- Good knowledge of SQL Server BI : OLAP design & implementation (SSAS, tabular model, etc.), add ins (power Pivot, Power View, etc.), Power BI…
- Experience in solving performance related problems specifically on database applications.
- Fluency with appropriate tools including SQL Management Studio, Profiler, Performance Monitor and other SQL Server management tools or related tooling as the MS Office suite.
- Knowledge & hands on Performance tuning & index management
- Good knowledge and hands on experience in ETL (SSIS)
- Good knowledge and hands on experience in reporting with SSRS
- Knowledge .NET C# & traditional data access techniques such as ADO.NET
- Functional & technical analysis on database solutions
- Understanding of Best Practices for SQL server Database, datawarehousing, ETL & BI solutions across the Enterprise
- Database modelling via modelling tools such as Erwin or Visio
- Ability to interact with Business Owners and gather Business Requirements
- Ability to translate Business Requirements into functional & technical Requirements.
3. OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
- Design, development & support on SQL server solutions:
- Application/operational relational databases based on SQL Server 2014 or higher including SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
- BI solutions (analysis/reporting/dashboarding) based on SQL Server 2014 or higher including SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
- Support on user requirements gathering & analysis, functional & technical analysis of specific requirements when related to SQL server ETL or BI.
- Provide Microsoft database & BI technology expertise (SQL server, MS Office, etc.) across IT.
- Provide guidance on SQL Server development (best practices, performance, etc.).