Technical Analyst IT
1. CONTEXT OF MISSION
The IS Non-Life department of AG Insurance is searching a temporary external resource to enforce its development team. The candidate will work within AG Insurance Information Systems. This group is responsible for all software developments of insurance related applications. The applications are developed based on a Cobol / DB2 back-office, with various technologies used on the visual, printing and communication side.
2. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Quick learner
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills
- Result oriented with attention for quality and details
- Methodical, structured and pro-active
- Client oriented
- Open minded
Relevant experience in administrative services
Relevant experience in financial and Insurance service industry
- Proven experience in technical analysis and programming on mainframe using Cobol and DB2 SQL
- Experienced with IMS / TSO, JCL, FTP/IP (File Transfer Protocol)
- Batch and on-line processes
- .NET/Biztalk notions
- Testing capabilities
- Experienced in converting functional designs into a technical impact analysis.
- Proven experience of enterprise development
Integration of different technologies (Wintel, Cobol, MVSmainframe)
- Experience with technical analysis methodologies, ideally in large company
- Think in term of “services”
- Test management principles (TMAP)
3. OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
As a Technical Designer, you will:
1. Design effective and performant technical solutions in collaboration with the functional designers.
2. Develop applications, based on the technical and functional analysis, according to the standards enabling reuse of the code and improvement of the performance.
3. Ensure correct deployment in the different environments.
4. Ensure the effectiveness & quality of the solution by executing the appropriate tests
5. Maintain the quality of the technical patrimony and anticipate potential impacts of a new development on this patrimony.
6. Identify & Solve issues detected in a technical implementation.
7. Coach designers on the technical aspects of the patrimony and the standards of development.
8. Guarantee the long term overall quality of the application domain by systematically taking into account: stability, scalability, traceability, flexibility, maintainability, performance,….