Technical Designer Classics
1. CONTEXT OF MISSION
With 2,5 million clients, AG Insurance is the biggest Belgian Insurer. It sells its products via banks, brokers and Employee benefits, each having its own commercial and operational policy. The candidate will work in the Employee Benefit Division. He/She will be responsible for product development as well as product maintenance.
- Development based on the documentation that is provided by the business consultants.
- Communication & synchronization with the Business Consultants.
- Active participation in the project and team coordination meetings.
- Redaction and modification of the technical documentation.
- Test execution and reporting.
2. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Ease to make synthesises
- Quality and detail oriented
- Able to work in team as well as in autonomy
- Good follow up of running requests
- Logical and methodical insight
- Able to deal with punctual stress situations
- Able to plan own work with respect of deadlines and budget
- Structured and pro-active attitude
- Pragmatism & result oriented
- Good communication skills
- Working in IT organisation
- Life Insurance experience
- Advanced Cobol application development in a mainframe environment
- Technical analysis
- Structured programming
- Functional Analyst knowledge for IT projects
3. OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Development of new functionality based on analysis provided by the business consultants.
- Maintenance of the existing code.
- Participation in the testing during projects and maintenance.
- Respect the budgets and timings of the different tasks at hand.
- Promote a positive work environment by communicating openly and pro-actively with the other members within the (project) team.
- To build a profound expertise within the background processes of the groupinsurance application (Velo). Prepared to invest him/herself in a long-term mission.