SAS Expert & Developer (K05858)
12/12/2022 - 31/12/2022
Brussels, BelgiumSign in to apply
We’re looking for a SAS Expert & Developer to strengthen our Healthdata.be platform.
On the Team and Role
Recruit is due to reinforce our Datawarehouse team. S/he will have the opportunity to participate in end-to-end
projects in various domains. From business intelligence, data warehousing, data quality, data integration
and big data to corporate performance management.
Retained candidate will be tasked with:
· Data extraction with SAS;
· Support the operation of complex SAS infrastructures;
· Managing databases that house large quantities of information;
· Monitoring of data loads;
· Documenting different processes (functional and technical);
· Write and execute test scripts and write test reports;
· Implement a clear reporting governance with the aim of adjusting and supporting;
front/mid/compliance teams and related management decisions;
· Developing a SAS library engine for reporting;
· Integrate dashboards;
· Drawing data quality plans, data migration, data analysis;
· Implementation of best-practices in design and reusability;
· Evaluation and adoption of new solutions and technologies;
· Very good knowledge of Base SAS (incl. proc SQL) (+5 years), SAS macro programming (+5 years), SAS Enterprise Guide (+5 years);
· Deep understanding of SAS software and data extraction with SAS;
· Experience with developing complex SQL queries;
· Good knowledge of the lifecycle of data warehouses and their architecture;
· Minimum a Bachelor’s degree a relevant area.
· Experience in defining product roadmaps, and gathering, translating and prioritizing internal stakeholder requirements;
· Comfortable presenting the product and its technical capabilities to application and engineering teams, executives, business users, scientists and analysts;
· Proven ability to influence and work with cross-functional teams. Significant skill required to work effectively across internal functional areas in situations where clear parameters may not exist;
· Ability in delivering SAS solutions that include architecture, analysis, programming, design, product installation, testing and support;
· Managing complex environments and performing under pressure;
· A minimal basic understanding in SAS graphs;
· A flexible mindset to take part in a 24/7 standby service mode;
· Languages: Good knowledge of English and at least a basic understanding (B1 level) of either Dutch or French.
Nice to have:
· Certification in SAS programming or other SAS tools is a big plus;
· Experience in the healthcare sector, pharmaceutical sector or a clinical environment is a plus;
· Team player: Good communicator, comfortable with working together with a team;
· Experience in SAS Viya platform;
· Experience in setting up a SAS environment (SAS Admin).
· Experience in Business Intelligence and BI tools.
Working environment: CITRIX thin client IDE: VS Code.
General terms and conditions for hiring new consultants at Healthdata.be
· Candidate must be able to start within 30 days, at the latest, of the day on which the recruitment is
confirmed by Healthdata.be;
· Candidate must be resident of an European Economic Area country;
· Candidate must be able to be at office (Brussels) for a minimum of 2 days a week;
· Candidate must own a personal laptop in order to work via a virtual desktop application;