Data Functional Analyst & BI Developer (K05853)
05/12/2022 - 31/12/2022
Brussels, BelgiumSign in to apply
The Data Functional Analyst & BI Developer plays a key role in the development of data solutions (data warehouses and data marts) for NIHDI (INAMI-RIZIV). He/she is in regular contact with the Business to understand business needs and translate them into data and technical requirements.
The Data Functional Analyst & BI Developer is part of the Data Office, a central organization providing data services across the different NIHDI business lines. He/she works in an agile scrum team in close collaboration with the Project Leader and the Data Architect of the project.
Job description summary
As a Data Functional Analyst & BI Developer you will be in charge of collecting the business requirements, translate them into functional and technical specifications, define the data model (logical and physical) and develop a BI solution using the Microsoft stack (SSIS / SSAS)
Roles & Responsibilities
· Facilitate and conduct interviews with business end users to determine functional and non functional requirements for BI solutions.
· Translate business needs into logical and physical data models with appropriate documentation.
· Works with the data architect to translate requirements into functional and technical specifications
· Design, build, deploy and maintain the BI solutions according to established standards (data integration, data warehouse, data marts) in accordance with the functional and non-functional requirements (performance, data volume).
· Test the analytics solution, conduct troubleshooting, provide maintenance and adequate technical documentation.
· Create visualizations and reports for requested projects in Power BI or SSRS.
· Conduct prototype reviews and demo’s including training on the data model to the business users.
· Works with the Project Leader (PL) along the entire project lifecycle to ensure appropriate delivery in an agile and pragmatic approach.
· Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in data functional analysis and BI development in the Microsoft BI stack (including SSIS / SSAS).
· Ability to translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
· Strong data modelling experience (logical and physical modelling).
· Good experience in data warehouse design (Kimball dimensional modelling).
· Very good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (from a development perspective), SQL queries, T-SQL
· Good understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL framework.
· Experience in visualization and reporting tools such as Microsoft Power BI and SSRS.
· Experience in Master Data Management and Data Quality Management is a plus.
· Knowledge of the following tools is a plus : modelling tool (e.g. Enterprise Architect), Azure data analytics tools (Azure data factory, Databricks,…)
· Experience in working in an agile project mode is a plus
· Strong conceptual thinking and technical skills.
· Go-getter profile.
· Good communicator (proactive, not a wait-and-see approach, active listening, clear/precise/concise).
· Analytical mind with a problem-solving, pragmatic aptitude.
· Ability to develop relationship with the business and data stakeholders, develop trust and buy-in.
· Ability to translate business needs into working solutions.
· Team player with an ability to work in a collaborative spirit within a transversal organization.
· Perseverance, stress resistant and flexible.
· Like to learn and open-minded.
Business requirements, data requirements, logical data modelling, physical data modeling, BI functional analysis, SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI, T-SQL, Agile scrum.