Senior Drupal – PHP Developer (K05571)
26/09/2022 - 31/12/2022
Brussels, BelgiumSign in to apply
SENIOR DRUPAL ENGINEER
Sciensano is a new Health Federal Research Centre created through the merging of the Scientific Institute of Public Health (WIV-ISP) and the Veterinary and Agrochemical Research Center (CODA-CERVA). The two institutes have joined forces to better understand the health of humans and animals. Sciensano supports health policy through innovative scientific research, analysis, monitoring and expert advice.
More than 800 employees participate in more than 100 scientific projects funded by Belgian and international authorities, partners and clients. In this way we contribute to a healthier life for all.
For more information on our projects and activities: https://www.sciensano.be.
You join the Healthdata.be service that parts of the one Scientific Direction of Sciensano (Expertise, Service Provision and Customer Relation). The service provides technical expertise for the development and management of data flows for supporting scientific research in Belgium.
For more information about Healthdata.be: https://healthdata.be.
We are looking for a versatile, experienced and pro-active Drupal Developer to strengthen our Data Collection team and help develop and maintain our 15+ websites and web-apps. Data Collection team at healthdata.be is responsible for building distributed applications, architectures and frameworks to enable secure, reliable and efficient collection of data from different sources.
The ideal candidate will:
Be self-motivated and a problem solver;
Have a capacity to plan, analyse and structure information well;
Proactively identify, own and solve hard technical challenges;
Be able to complete projects autonomously or as a part of a team;
Contribute to process improvement and the ability to bring new ideas to the table;
Have a good verbal and written communication skills for presentations, demos and ongoing documentation.
· Participate in architecting and building/theming responsive Drupal (8 and higher) web applications, while complying with the information security, technology standards, best practices, multilingualism, accessibility and privacy requirements;
· Provide third-party data integrations between Drupal and various APIs;
· Manage and maintain complex implementations of Drupal-based solutions with a focus on maintainability, reliability, scalability, and performance;
· Investigate and troubleshoot bugs, performance improvements and bottlenecks in code;
· Deploy work to different development environments;
· Perform (security) updates to existing Drupal environments;
· Document technical requirements based on client / stakeholders’ needs;
· Assist with technical planning, tasks/user stories creation, estimates, scopes, schedules and technical acceptance criteria creation;
· Attend daily and weekly status meetings, project discussions and team meetings;
· Communicate regularly with project manager(s) and team lead(s);
· Participate in peer code reviews of other team members’ code;
· Work with other team members to resolve technical and design issues;
· Stay current with the emerging technologies / industry trends and best practices.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Drupal
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in modern PHP (7.x);
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in Software Development;
• Good knowledge of modern PHP (7/8.x) and best practices
• Thorough knowledge of Drupal 8 / 9 (backend / frontend), its API’s and ecosystem (e.g. Views, Entity API, Authentication API, Search API, Migrate API, Configuration API, Plugin API, Form / Render API, Web Services API etc.), custom module development.
• knowledge of Composer and some classic PHP frameworks (Symfony, Laravel etc.)
• Familiarity with SQL / NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
• Familiarity with APIs, web services (JSON, REST, SOAP), authentication and authorization technologies (e.g. SAML, OAuth, OpenID) and third-party libraries
• Understanding of web application design, object-oriented architecture and fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Good knowledge of version control systems (GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket).
• Working knowledge of LAMP / LEMP, linux command-line, scripting
• Self-motivated, stress resistant, self and well organized, structured;
• Excellent work ethic and a team player: Leader, when need be, follower when need be;
• Excellent articulation, presentation, negotiation and leadership skills;
• Ability to learn quickly and independently.
• Ability to analyse complex documents / specifications.
• Ability to work independently on specific tasks while at the same time functioning as a member of a team.
• Outstanding command of English, written, spoken and understanding is mandatory. Fluency in either of the national languages (French, Dutch or German) required.
Nice to Haves
• Familiarity with React / Vue / Angular
• Familiarity with Docker, Jenkins, Ansible
• Familiarity with Apache Solr
• Familiarity with interactive data visualization (D3.js, Chart.js, Highcharts, Google Charts)
• Experience in Unit & Functional testing (+ automated testing)
• Knowledge or experience on Agile methodologies
· You have the opportunity to work regionally, close to home;
· We offer the possibility to work remotely three days per week;
· Attractive working conditions and nice colleagues;
· A challenging function with a lot of responsibility, room for initiative & creativity ;
· You will work in a scientific environment where everyone encourages each other to develop and grow.
General terms and conditions for hiring new consultants at Healthdata.be
· Candidate must be able to start within 30 days, at the latest, of the day on which the recruitment is confirmed by Healthdata.be;
· Candidate must be resident of a European Economic Area country;
· Candidate must be able to be present at office (Brussels) for a minimum of 2 days a week;
· Candidate must own a personal laptop in order to work via a virtual desktop application;