Data Architect & Functional Analyst (K05845)
24/11/2022 - 31/12/2022
Brussels, BelgiumSign in to apply
The Data Architect & Functional Analyst plays a key role in the development of the data analytics platform for NIHDI (INAMI-RIZIV). He/she define and maintain the data architecture for specific strategic data projects. He/she is in regular contact with the Business to understand business needs and translate them into data and technical requirements.
The Data Architect & Functional Analyst sits within the Data Office Organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Data Architect:
· Very good knowledge, and concrete experience in the development of data models used in operational or analytical frameworks:
o Conceptual, logical and physical data models
o Data models used more specifically in "data warehouses"
· Very good knowledge, and concrete experience in the "end-to-end" development of solution architecture around data:
o “Data warehouse” architecture
o Architecture of “Master Data Management” and quality management solutions
o Data integration
o General principles used in solution architecture (web services, etc.)
· Good knowledge, and concrete experience in the development of technical solutions and using the following products:
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Analytical and reporting products such as SSAS, SAS Viya, SSRS, Spark
o BI products such as PowerBI, SAS Visual Analytics
o ETL products such as SSIS
o Ability to develop solutions respecting performance constraints, and supporting large volumes of data
o General knowledge of technologies used in applications that use data (Rest/Soap services, Web application, framework.Net, AD,…)
As a Data Functional Analyst:
· Interviews end business users to understand business processes and collect their data related requirements.
· Translate business needs into data model and technical requirements with appropriate documentation.
· Collaborate with Business Subject Matter Experts to identify, assess and understand detailed internal and external data sources
· Define and update the Conceptual Information Model as well as the logical models of the domain data warehouses and data marts. Map source system to target data model.
· Validates that data warehouse meets requirements and service-level agreements
· Coordinates prototype reviews and demo’s
· Participate in the definition and documentation of the technical architecture of the data warehouse, including the physical components and their functionality.
· Collaborate with various business and technical stakeholders whose support is needed to build or deploy data warehouses, data marts and/or dashboards
· Works with the Project Leader (PL) along the entire project lifecycle to ensure appropriate delivery in an agile and pragmatic approach. Sometimes play the PL role for smaller projects or change requests.
· Minimum 5-7 years of experience in data management, data architecture and data functional analysis
· Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
· Strong Data modelling experience (conceptual, logical and physical modelling)
· Previous experience building data warehouses and data platforms
· Understanding of source and target data structures, ETL processes, and products
· Metadata skills
· Master data Management experience
· Data quality Management experience is a plus
· Prior experience building data warehouses is a plus
· Experience in project management is a plus
· Knowledge of SQL, ETL, ELT, OLAP
· Tools knowledge: SAS Viya, MS SSIS, MS SSAS, Enterprise Architect or similar, Azure
· Strong conceptual, communications, and technical skills
· Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
· Strong problem-solving, pragmatic approach and delivery focus
· Ability to develop relationship with the Business and data stakeholders, develop trust and buy-in with active listening and assertiveness
· Team player with an ability to work in a collaborative spirit within a transversal organization
· Perseverance, stress resistant and flexibility
· Like to learn and open-minded