SkillsSign in to apply
The NIHDI (INAMI-RIZIV) and the Mutualities in Belgium have decided to set up a common modern data platform to share high quality health related information between their organizations. Both parties have already local data solutions and competencies that will now converge into a single version of the truth analytics solution.
The Data Functional Analyst plays a key role in the development of a central hub for NIHDI master and referential data needed for validation controls on data flows coming from the mutualities and that will be stored in a common data platform.
He/she will also be responsible to analyse the healthcare data flows that will be integrated into common data warehouses. He/she is in regular contact with the Business and Data stakeholders to understand business needs and translate them into data and technical requirements.
The Data Functional Analyst works in close collaboration with the data teams of NIHDI and the Mutualities and report to the Program Manager of the future common data platform.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Serves as liaison between the different business and data stakeholders of NIHDI and the Mutualities
· Collaborate with Business Subject Matter Experts to identify, assess and understand business processes, master and referentials as well as incoming data flows.
· Analyse the different NIHDI referentials and master data sources that needs to be integrated into a central data hub needed for validation controls on healthcare data flows coming from the mutualities.
· Analyse the healthcare data flows provided by the mutualities for integration into a common data warehouse. Map the incoming data flow to the Kimball target data model.
· Define and update the Conceptual Information Model as well as the logical models of the domain data warehouses and data marts. Evolves models to meet new and changing business requirements
· Design the data architecture and validate the data models with the Chief Data Architect
· Collaborate also with the Data Governance team and the Technical Leads of the BI team on the functional design
· Provide technical requirements to the BI development team with appropriate documentation
· Validates that data warehouse and referential & master data hub meets requirements and service-level agreements
· Coordinates prototype reviews and demo’s
· Develops process for capturing and maintaining metadata from all data platform components
· Participate in the definition and documentation of the technical architecture of the data warehouse, including the physical components and their functionality.
· Collaborate with various business and technical stakeholders whose support is needed to build or deploy data warehouses, data marts and referentials & master data hub.
· Works with the Program manager along the entire project lifecycle to ensure appropriate delivery in an agile and pragmatic approach.
· Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Minimum 5-7 years of experience in data management, data functional analysis
· Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
· Strong Kimball data modelling experience (mainly conceptual an logical modelling)
· Understanding of source and target data structures, ETL processes, and products
· Master data & referential data Management experience
· Experience in working with large volume of data
· Data quality Management experience is a plus
· Data architecture experience is a plus
· Prior experience building data warehouses is a plus
· Knowledge of SQL, ETL, ELT, OLAP
· Tools knowledge: MS SQL Server, MS SSIS, MS SSAS, Enterprise Architect or similar, SAS Viya, Azure
· Strong conceptual, communications, and technical skills
· Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
· Strong problem-solving, pragmatic approach and delivery focus
· Ability to develop relationship with the Business and data stakeholders, develop trust and buy-in with active listening and assertiveness
· Team player with an ability to work in a collaborative spirit within a transversal organization
· Perseverance, stress resistant and flexibility
· Like to learn and open-minded
Job description summary
As Data Functional Analyst you will be in charge to identify and analyse the data sources of NIHDI referentials. You will define the functional design of the central referential hub that will be shared with the belgian mutualities. You will also provide functional analysis and define data models for incoming healthcare data flows that need to be integrated in a central data warehouse.
Functional analysis, data architecture, data modelling, conceptual information modelling, master data management, SQL, SSIS, SSAS