SkillsSign in to apply
ProUnity is the single point of contact for this assignment. If you have any questions, you may contact Widad El Aouam, Client Satisfaction Manager, per email@example.com
D’Ieteren Automotive is the official distributor of the Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT, Cupra, Škoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Rimac and Porsche brands, as well as spare parts and accessories. D’Ieteren Automotive has approximately 1.2 million vehicles of the VW Group brands on the road, which represents a market share of almost 24%. D’Ieteren Automotive manages a strong network of independent dealerships throughout the country and directly operates dealerships on the Brussels-Malines-Antwerp axis.
To complete its offer, the company sells used vehicles (My Way and Audi Approved+) and provides maintenance, financing and leasing services through VDFin, a joint subsidiary with Volkswagen Financial Services. The company’s mission is to create seamless and sustainable mobility for all.
General set up
Global Sourcing & Procurement (GSP) becomes the centre of expertise for Sourcing to Pay activities with external suppliers. The spend under management includes the “goods & services not for resale”, Capex (e.g., Technical outfitting) and, to some extend the “good & services for resale” (e.g. Tires). Its activities range from strategic sourcing, category management, procurement and overall supplier risk management.
Global Sourcing & Procurement has a central component resorting under the D’Ieteren Automotive CFO, and a network of Business Procurement Representatives within all D’Ieteren affiliates.
The basic organisational principles are ‘subsidiarity’: performing sourcing and procurement activities at the right place of the organisation, and ‘homogeneity’: we show one face to the supplier world.
Within the Global Sourcing & Procurement team(GSP) the Center of Excellence (CoE) provides leadership, training and support to continuously improve procurement best practices across the organisation. CoE coordinates and supports procurement transversal activities and transformation projects. CoE is also responsible for the monitoring and reporting on procurement performance.
The Center of Excellence Officer will support the CoE Lead for the design,the deployment and the improvements of our procurement toolsets and processes as part of our S2P transformation initiative.. A deep understanding of our processes and procedures with the ability to clearly explain processes to our internal customers or any other departments is a key point to succeed in this role. He/she will work with Category Managers & buyersProcurement and our internal customers to ensure continuous improvement of the procurement processes and systems, will implement and continuously monitors the use of standard purchasing processes and systems throughout the organization and supports efforts to maintain.
- Support in writing, updating, deploying Procurement policy in collaboration with ESG champion
- Contribute together with the CoE lead to ensure critical procurement policy and process governing documents are maintained and updated, including process design
- Subject matter expert and first line of support on procurement processes and how they work within the organization.
- Contribute together with the CoE lead to create, maintain, and provide training for procurement policies and processes to Procurement organization.
- Daily support for updating supplier compliance documents and reports.
- Identifies process improvements for new and existing procurement processes. (VTO,…)
- Take ownership and manage project tasks from beginning to end supporting business goals in collaboration with Center of Excellence Lead Management and Key Stakeholders.
- Support the buyers on specific procurement projects
- Creates and manages project timelines projects to integrate policies and processes.
- Create and maintain the Procurement intranet pages
- Experience in P2P processes is considered as an advantage
Internal Networking/Key relationships
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
- Global Sourcing & Procurement department
- Center of Excellence Lead
- Finance and other support functions
- Business lines & Affiliates
- Head of Sourcing & Procurement
- Legal central and Legal Procurement
Skills & Capabilities
The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and competencies:
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the internal or external customer’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities, crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs; promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analysing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Driving for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Driving Innovation: Creating an environment (culture) that inspires people to generate novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external) ; encouraging experimentation with new ways to solve work problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials: Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and others’ emotions and behavior; leveraging insights to effectively manage own responses so that one’s behavior matches one’s values and delivers intended results.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Business with minimum Bachelor’s level
- Minimum 2 years experience in project management and/or in a procurement organization.
- Proven buying experience
- Strong ability to structure, organize several activities and initiatives. Proven experience to communicate with internal stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to synthesize information in a coherent manner.
- Holistic view on project(s).
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence software as well as ERP modules is a plus (SAP/Ariba; Venice; …)
- Requires expertise in operating models.
- Language: French, Dutch, English.
- Limited to BE